We went out to Santa Maria and San Marcos this afternoon. We were gone about two and a half hours and as we drove down the driveway, we saw smoke and thought that was odd. When we reached the bottom of the drive, we saw our shed smoldering and Martin dousing the fire with a bucket of water and our garden hose (which has little to no pressure). He saw the smoke from his house and came right over... he said the wood pile was blazing by the time he got there. Kevin and I jumped out quickly to help him out. We were completely dismayed. We couldn't believe our eyes. We're incredibly lucky that the fire didn't reach the gas and propane tanks. So, things could have been much, much worse... it's all a matter of perspective. The fact that Martin was fighting the blaze on his own, with a bucket, he's lucky he wasn't injured. The cause was simply an accident. It was not set on purpose or by any malicious intent. We're not prepared to point the finger, so we'll leave it at that.
Our trailer... aaaaah!
Our self-propelled lawnmower.... it's not going anywhere anymore.
And our ATV... it just melted like a candle... looks like a scene from the movie 'Aliens'. I still can't believe it. The good news is it still runs, but we need a lot of new parts to bring it back to driving condition. Kevin is searching the internet for part prices. Uggh.
Not a happy camper... needless to say, we just feel sick about it, but we're both just counting our lucky stars it wasn't worse.
Our new skylight...
Oh, the length we go to for a good blog entry, eh?
Receive our blog
in your email inbox!
Dave and Krista are a couple from the Pacific Northwest that led overwhelmingly busy lives.
Click here to pick up your copy of Anne's book! It's all about their adventure and the establishment of Hush Valley Lodge: from leaving their middle-class suburban lifestyle in Canada to reinventing themselvess in the beautiful mountains of Costa Rica. Check it out and if you enjoy it, please spread the word! Thanks!