Once we got back home, I started dinner. I put some chicken and vegetables in the toaster oven and it wasn't heating up on 'bake' so I turned it to 'broil'. About 15 minutes later the thing exploded and shards of glass shattered everywhere! It scared the living daylights out of me. Thankfully I had covered the meal with foil so no harm was done to our dinner. After letting things cool down and cleaning up the mess, I finished cooking the chicken and vegetables in a pan over the gas hub. It was a good dinner afterall. I feel a bit shaken from the whole ordeal, but mostly I feel stupid. I feel really badly that we'll have to spend more money on a new appliance. Maybe we'll try and do without it.
Receive our blog
in your email inbox!
Dave and Krista are a couple from the Pacific Northwest that led overwhelmingly busy lives.
Click here to pick up your copy of Anne's book! It's all about their adventure and the establishment of Hush Valley Lodge: from leaving their middle-class suburban lifestyle in Canada to reinventing themselvess in the beautiful mountains of Costa Rica. Check it out and if you enjoy it, please spread the word! Thanks!